||Grilled Chicken Salad With Wild Rice, Pecans, Grapes, and Orange Dressing
- 4 (4 oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 1/2 cups cooked wild rice (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 2/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cuo olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Mariade chicen breast in a mixture of 1/3 cup
olive oil, 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar, salt and pepper. Grill chicken on
open fire or in a stove-top grill pan until done. Remove chicken;
cool and cut into ¼-inch strips.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, rice, green
onions, and grapes and pecans, if desired. Toss well and set aside. In
a small bowl, combine the orange rind and next 4 ingredients; stir
well. Pour over chicken mixture; toss well.
- Serve salad at room temperature, on
lettuce-lined plates, if desired.
- YIELD: Makes 7 servings.
back to Radim and Lisa's Well-Travelled Cookbook | email us
Last updated: May 21, 2005