This is a quick and simple recipe to accompany satay, Thai fish cakes or yellow curry,
or to be enjoyed just by itself on a hot day.
||Thai Cucumber Relish
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh Thai chili peppers, chopped (or 1 tbsp Thai chile paste)
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts, ground
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, for garnish
- In a small mixing bowl, combine vinegar, sugar and salt.
Mix well until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- In a salad bowl, mix together cucumber, ground peanuts and chile peppers.
- combine with the vinegar mixture. Mix well. Allow a few minutes to marinade.
- Divide into individual serving bowls. Serve garnished with coriander leaves.
back to Radim and Lisa's Well-Travelled Cookbook | email us
Last updated: October 12, 2010