from Ristorante Pizzeria Vulnetia
- 12 large shrimp, head on
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Wash shrimp thoroughly, leaving heads on.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the shell on the ventral side (along the belly), butterfly and devein the shrimp,
leaving the shell on.
- Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle abundantly with olive oil.
- Coat the butterflied shrimp with the breadcrumbs.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and place in the broiler. Broil until breadsrumbs are browned, about 8 minutes.
- Arrange 6 shrimp per plate and serve
- Yield: Serves 2.
back to Radim and Lisa's Well-Travelled Cookbook | email us
Last updated: October 12, 2010