- About 30-40 large shrimp, peeled, de-veined and butterflied
- Créole Sauce
- Vegetable oil
- 2 cups white rice, uncooked
- Prepare Créole Sauce using this recipe. Keep warm.
- In a separate large skillet, heat the oil. Add the shrimp and cook until
pink and opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the prepared Créole Sauce to the shrimp. Mix well and allow to simmer for
a minute or two for the flavor to blend.
- Serve over rice. Pack a wide coffee cup or a small soup cup with rice, place
upside down in heated large pasta plate. Generously ladle the Créole Sauce
and shrimp around the rice. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
- YIELD: serves 6
back to Radim and Lisa's Well-Travelled Cookbook | email us
Last updated: October 12, 2010