(from The Culinary Institute
of New Orleans)
- 8 Shrimp (21/25 count, peeled and butterflied)
- 3 oz Créole Sauce
- 6 oz white rice, cooked
- Place 3 oz. of the Créole Sauce in saute pan over medium high heat and add shrimp
and cook for 3 minutes then remove from heat.
- Place 6 oz. cooked rice in soup cup (mold) place upside down in heated large
pasta bowl. Spoon the Créole Sauce around rice. Place shrimp on top of sauce
around rice, garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 2 yellow peppers, diced
- 4 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 can tomatoes
- 4 oz tomato paste
- 2 tbsp thyme, minced
- 1/2 oz Crystal hot hauce
- Saute onions, green pepper and yellow pepper till translucent over medium
high heat in sauce pan. Add tomato paste with balloon whisk and cook for
- Add crushed tomatoes with juice and stir. Bring to boil for 2
minutes, reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Add thyme, garlic, salt and pepper for 3 minutes, transfer to 1/3 pan and keep warm.
- YIELD: serves 9 (3 ounce portions)
back to Radim and Lisa's Well-Travelled Cookbook | email us
Last updated: October 12, 2010