||Sesame Seared Tuna
with Wasabi Cream
and Orange Marmalade
- Ingredients: 4-6 7-oz fillet of fresh pacific tuna
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/4 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tbsp Wasabi paste
- 1/2 cup white wine/li>
- 3 tbsp sherry wine
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 1/4 tsp minced fresh garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked rice per serving
- Place sesame and cilantro in bowl, mix thoroughly, set aside.
- Place sesame seeds, mayonnaise, wasabi paste in a bowl, mix with whip and set aside.
- Place wine in saucepan and heat slowly reduce to half original amount, add rest of ingredients
for orange marmalade horseradish sauce, simmer and hold warm.
- Coat tuna with cilantro rub. Preheat 1 tbsp salad oil in saute pan and sear tuna on all sides.
Cook to rare or medium as you prefer.
- Place portion of cooked rice in center of plate, vegetable choice on back side of rice.
Ladle orange marmalade horseradish sauce on front side of plate. Split tuna in half to present temperature
and color of tuna. Lay tuna coming off the rice into the sauce. Top with small amount of wasabi cream and serve.
back to Radim and Lisa's Well-Travelled Cookbook | email us
Last updated: October 12, 2010