(Salad In the Style Of Capri)
Because this salad is so simple, using the best ingredients is imperative. Hothouse tomatoes and rubbery
processed mozzarella are unacceptable. The dressing is always a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil only.
Vinegar would destroy the delicate flavor of the cheese and should not be used.
- 2 pounds vine-ripened tomatoes (about 4 large), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil or arugula leaves, washed well and spun dry
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled, if using arugula instead of basil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- fine sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- On a large platter arrange tomato and mozzarella slices and basil leaves, alternating and
- Sprinkle salad with oregano and arugula and drizzle with oil. Season salad with salt
back to Radim and Lisa's Well-Travelled Cookbook | email us
Last updated: October 31, 2009