||Grilled Marinated Salmon
- 4 (4-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Combine peanut oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar,
green onions, garlic, ginger, red pepper and brown sugar.
- Place fish in a shallow glass dish, and pour marinade over fish.
Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat barbecue or gas grill. Oil the grill rack, and adjust height about 5 inches from coals.
- Remove fish from marinade and place on grill. Cook about 10 minutes per inch of thickness
(or until fish flakes easily), turning once to brown both sides. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with sauteed vegetables, stir-fried snowpeas, wild-rice risotto, cous-cous, soba noodles etc.
back to Radim and Lisa's Well-Travelled Cookbook | email us
Last updated: October 12, 2010