||Yum Woon Sen (Bangkok-Style Glass Noodles With Shrimp, Chicken and Thai Chilies)
- 1 6-ounce package dried bean thread noodles
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, finely chopped
- 18 uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined, coarsely chopped
- 15 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced seeded Thai chilies or serrano chilies
- Place noodles in large bowl. Cover with cold water; let stand until noodles begin to soften, about 5
- Transfer to large pot of boiling water; cook until just tender and pliable, about 3 minutes. Drain.
Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and shrimp; stir-fry
until cooked, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to large bowl. Heat 4 tablespoons oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Add garlic-oil mixture to bowl with chicken and shrimp; cool.
- Add noodles, green onions and remaining ingredients to bowl. Toss to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
back to Radim and Lisa's Well-Travelled Cookbook | email us
Last updated: October 25, 2009