Eggs Hussarde is yet another New Orleans variation of Egge Benedicts. Holland rusks substituted for the English muffins,
and not one but two sauces are poured over the poached eggs: Hollandaise and Marchand de Vin Sauce. Tres bien! Instant gratification...
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 slices Canadian bacon (or ham)
- 8 Holland rusks
- 2 cups Marchand de Vin sauce
- 8 poached eggs
- 2 cups Hollandaise saucec
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan and warm the Canadian bacon over low heat.
- Place 2 Holland rusks on each plate and cover with slices of warm Canadian bacon. Spoon Marchand de Vin sauce over the meat,
then set a poached egg on each slice. Ladle Hollandaise sauce over the eggs; serve.
back to Radim and Lisa's Well-Travelled Cookbook | email us
Last updated: October 12, 2010
Photograph from Wikimedia Commons used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.