||Carpaccio di Salmone
from Portofino Restaurant
in Port Harcourt
- 1 1/3 lbs sushi-grade salmon fillet, sliced as thin as possible
- Juice of 2 lemons, freshly-squeezed
- 1 tsp orange juice, freshly-squeezed
- 8 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Arugula for garnish
- Remove its skin and bones from the salmon. Cut it into paper-thin slices and arrange them in a large serving plate.
- Blend the juices, sprinkle over the salmon. Season with salt and pepper. Let marinate for 15-20 minutes or more
according to your taste.
- Drain every slice and put in another serving plate. Dress the salmon slices with the olive oil and serve.
- Wine recommendation: Pinot Bianco or Pinot Grigio.
- YIELD; Serves 4.
back to Radim and Lisa's Well-Travelled Cookbook | email us
Last updated: November 1, 2010